Friday, November 22, 2013

Thrifting at Home Goods

I am obsessed with all things metallic and sparkly this holiday season. While at Home Goods the other day I stumbled upon the perfect wreath for my entryway mirror. only problem was the styrofoam base was broken. After picking apart the entire store for another, I had a lightbulb moment. Duh Alyssa, I could just hot glue this at home and have a perfectly functioning wreath! As I checked out I explained my dilemma and asked if I could get a discount for it being broken. Originally $14.99 (which I thought was a bargain to start with) I paid $7.00!! SUCCESS. 



So My little take home tip is, if you are shopping and notice damage on an item clothing or otherwise that you think you could fix at home, don't be afraid to ask for a discount! Chances are the item won't sell otherwise so they'll be happy to comply! Stay thrifty ladies! 

xoxo,
Mrs. Fix-it


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Love it! And even better that it was only $7.00. That's my kinda shopping. :)

    Looks great!
    Signing Steph

    ReplyDelete