What a lovely but busy past couple of weeks it has been! Just the way I like life. Last weekend my Mom, sister and I took a little getaway and girls weekend to Washington D.C. to see the sights and the Cherry Blossoms!
How has it already been 10 months since our big day?! Well be celebrating a year of marriage SO soon! Time really does fly when you're having fun. Marriage is such a learning and growing experience, and just so FUN! 10 things I've learned in these 10 months...
1. The funniest moments of marriage involve sleep or sleep talking and dreams - Just last night Mr. fell asleep watching 'River Monsters' and exclaimed "What the heck is that?" twice in his sleep. I died.
2. Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea-Mr. is a bacon and eggaholic and I love all things bread and syrup.
3. It doesn't have to be a big adventure to be a fun adventure- Park trips and grocery dates can be just as fun as weekend getaways
4. It's amazing how much laundry and dishes 2 people can create.
5. Family truly is the best of friends- so blessed to live close to all of our immediate and extended families
6. However adorable they may be, puppies and nieces are the best birth control- well want that someday :)
7. Watching every kind of sporting event can be interesting, depending on the company- snuggles makes everything better
8. Teamwork, communication, selflessness, and laughter are necessities in everyday interaction
9. You can train an old dog new tricks- putting the seat down, hanging up towels, and dishes to name a few
10. Nicknames don't have to be serious to be cute- booger, cricket, snickerdoodle, ooba, aaand I'm going to stop before I embarass myself even more.
"I have found the one whom my soul loves" Song of Solomon 3:4
The sun is showing itself when it chooses, and for now that's enough for me. I am 110% over winter. I'm 120% ready for flip flops, driving with the windows down (without having to simultaneously blast the heat), and spend evenings at the park with Mr. and the pup. Because I'm a to-do list kind of person, I'm making a 'bucket list' for our first married spring!
[ Disclaimer: As much as I get overly eager for season changes I wouldn't have it any other way to live in a place where I can enjoy the beauty of 4 seasons! Thank you PA! ]
To Do this Spring:
- Lots of picnics and patio dinners
- Less time inside more time outside
- Run consistently (so many hilly but beautiful backroads to explore)
- Host cookouts/bonfires
- Plant a mini garden (I'm trying to be realistic and start small with my green thumb development)
- Weekend camping and hiking trips
- Read books (preferably outside on my imaginary hammock...still trying to convince the Mr. to buy me one :))
- Landscape our house out the wazoo.
- Scope out all the roadside produce stands in the area. Sorry Wal-mart, were going local with our produce now.
- Go fishing with Mr. and grill our catches for dinner
So far I've broken out the bug eyed shades, played frisbee and run barefoot in the backyard, went fishing on Easter morning, made funfetti cupcakes, bought pastel pink and mint jeans, and took the first chance I got to visit one of the many frozen yogurt establishments that are infesting the country. I love spring!